Introduction Denshi

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
Denshi
Introduction Denshi

Post by Denshi » Sun Jun 03, 2018 17:50

Hello ORC- and ARC-mages, fellow gamers or whoever reads this,
I'm from Germany and currently study towards a masters degree in computer science. I also work part time as a software developer for a German non-profit. (Somehow it seems that software devs are overrepresented in this community ;) )
I actually haven't played TCGs in a while, though I do have a regular PnP group which I might try to get into arcmage.

Besides (traditional) gaming, I'm interested in cryptography (wrote my bachelors thesis on homomorphic encryption), computer graphics, digital literacy, typography and—of course—free software and free culture. Those latter two are what caused my interest in Arcmage and its sibling projects.
ngoeminne

Re: Introduction Denshi

Post by ngoeminne » Mon Jun 04, 2018 21:46

Hi Denshi,

Welcome aboard! It does seem that software devs are the major part of our small community.
I guess it's the open source part that does it. Anyway we're not a typical TCG, as we're not trading cards, we're more in the habit of trading idea's, comments, feedback etc ...

If you could somehow establish a play-test group, that would be ... awesome!

Cheers,
Nico
Denshi wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 17:50
Hello ORC- and ARC-mages, fellow gamers or whoever reads this,
I'm from Germany and currently study towards a masters degree in computer science. I also work part time as a software developer for a German non-profit. (Somehow it seems that software devs are overrepresented in this community ;) )
I actually haven't played TCGs in a while, though I do have a regular PnP group which I might try to get into arcmage.

Besides (traditional) gaming, I'm interested in cryptography (wrote my bachelors thesis on homomorphic encryption), computer graphics, digital literacy, typography and—of course—free software and free culture. Those latter two are what caused my interest in Arcmage and its sibling projects.