Re-scale issue

Development of our card database & card dev. tool. Used as the Gatherer & to empower the community to create new cards. Lead dev: Knitter
snowdrop
developer
Re-scale issue

Post by snowdrop » Wed Dec 29, 2010 00:44

Some card images are scaled (down probably) when displayed. We should never allow browsers to do that for us since they do a crappy job. In this case the pictures look blurred and out of focus. If we had scaled them properly for their purpose from the it would look way better than any browser I know of...

I guess it's a result of IMG being displayed using fixed height & width and that it could be claimed that the problem is the wrongly sized images. I'm not sure we need to have the w & h fixed - let the images display in their original size, or, better yet, let the user upload hi-res ones and then resize them with imageagick or something similar.

Easy stuff and excellent results would be had. Also would allow user to click on picture and see a perfect "zoomed in" version of the card using lightbox maybe (actually its not zoomed at all, user is just looking at original res and not the scaled down shit we show him next to the infotextbox...)
pennomi
developer

Re: Re-scale issue

Post by pennomi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 04:14

I agree with this. Personally, I'd like to see the cards at a really high resolution, so we could do basically whatever (print double-sized cards if you want to) but scaled appropriately for each application.

I don't know how to do this, but I can research it. To tell the truth, it's kind of low on my priority list, but I'll make sure that it goes on the master todo list.