credit & license

Development of our card database & card dev. tool. Used as the Gatherer & to empower the community to create new cards. Lead dev: Knitter
snowdrop
developer
credit & license

Post by snowdrop » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:23

In the latex doc it says "The WTactics Team". I'd like to suggest to change that to "WTactics devs" and also actually crediting yourself with your real name and/or nickname as it's used in here.

While the work is done for the collective WT effort, I still think you should be credited as lead dev of Cardscape.

Plus, also include the license info somewhere in the docu, preferably early on. (Here I take it for granted that it's "GPL2 or later"...but do correct me if I'm wrong)
Ravenchild
developer

Re: credit & license

Post by Ravenchild » Tue Oct 05, 2010 13:09

I just filled in the \author field because it is more or less required in LaTeX. I haven't decided yet who should be the official author. And there still much work to do.

I think the GNU Affero General Public License. is the best choice for network-based programs. But I haven't decided yet which version of the GNU AGPL to use.
snowdrop
developer

Re: credit & license

Post by snowdrop » Tue Oct 05, 2010 13:29

AGPL sounds terrific, even better than GPL for the purpose. :) Would happily see it licensed under that one, but, as stated previously, in the end it's your call as you're the dev. My only wish is that it's under an open license.