Recoloring Template : House of Nobles

Tell us your thoughts on the WTactics aesthetics, but make sure you stay constructive.
Forum rules
Legal: Only post art that is legally yours. By posting you agree that the material you post may be licensed by WTactics using the GPL2 or later license(s) and/or be re-licensed by us to other open source licenses as explained here. Critics: Are welcome, but no artist will revise his/her work, no matter how correct the critics are. Notice that this is an economical issue.
Mattaiyah
developer
Recoloring Template : House of Nobles

Post by Mattaiyah » Tue Jan 01, 2013 05:03

Happy New Year, everyone! It's currently 00:00 EST, the best time to share this!

Work has progressed far enough that I can share this : The first version of the House Of Nobles Event Template!

View here : http://i.imgur.com/1ceX0.png

The template itself can be found here : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-0EDi ... 2d3TGliU28

Any comments or criticism are welcome.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Recoloring Template : House of Nobles

Post by snowdrop » Tue Jan 01, 2013 05:24

Surrounding blues could be kept and look pretty good and in right direction. Maybe slightly lighter ones would do, would be nice seeing a comparison of what you have with 2 others next to each other.

Logo + loyalty designs will need some more alternatives though - i.e. the number seems more "displaced" in their logo than in the other factions for some reason.
Mattaiyah
developer

Post by Mattaiyah » Thu Jan 10, 2013 20:54

I just spent some time working on a fancy template snowdrop provided to show off a preview for this update, only to realize that you couldn't notice the differences with it.
snowdrop wrote:Logo + loyalty designs will need some more alternatives though - i.e. the number seems more "displaced" in their logo than in the other factions for some reason.
I just wanted something other that the leaf/gaian loyalty to work with. The number is probably more displaced since it's centered on the shield.

Speaking of the logo, any ideas about it are welcome. I haven't have any luck finding something with an aspect ratio similar to the leaf (wider than it's height).

Anyways, today's update is a change in the luminosity of the border.

Various versions for this update : Haha, should make sure the links are right.
Last edited by Mattaiyah on Thu Jan 10, 2013 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Gallaecio

Post by Gallaecio » Thu Jan 10, 2013 21:27

Please, fix the link to d. Anyway, I guess i like the more luminosity the better, and the icon is not bad.
Mattaiyah
developer

Post by Mattaiyah » Thu Jan 10, 2013 22:12

Who likes multiple updates in one day? I do!

After a quick discussion with snowdrop, I've fixed the the neon colored border around the title box. Also, since snowdrop prefered Version 1d, I'm using that version, but that doesn't mean that it's the currently accepted version. I'm still accepting opinions on that.

Version 1f is available here.

Changes from 1d to 1f :
  • Fixed the neon border around the title bar.
copono

Post by copono » Fri Jan 11, 2013 07:13

I actually liked the neon :P or at least, i would prefer a intermediate thing. Also, I know colors change a lot from monitor to monitor, but in the bottom of the card, i feel that the c version was more blue, and the f version is still blue, but with more green content. I think that I would like a slight reduction of green.
Anyway, I think all the options look v nice.
Gallaecio

Post by Gallaecio » Fri Jan 11, 2013 07:42

I like it better without the neon. Looks really nice :)
Mattaiyah
developer

Post by Mattaiyah » Fri Jan 11, 2013 18:48

It's time for the 3rd update in less than 24 hours!

For now, I'll be working with 1d (the one with the slight luminosity changes).
copono wrote:Also, I know colors change a lot from monitor to monitor, but in the bottom of the card, i feel that the c version was more blue, and the f version is still blue, but with more green content. I think that I would like a slight reduction of green.
I think that between 1c and 1f I reduced the luminosity at the absolute bottom a bit, which could cause you to think that there's more green. However, I've only adjusted the lum. and I haven't touched green.

---

Out of curiosity, I've taken a look at the original Gaian Event template and the hues it uses. I was actually surprised to find that, for 99% of it, it uses the same hue everywhere (H : ±33). Even that 1% is only 10 points from the rest. However, if you look at the previous versions I've posted, you'll notice that there are two hues : Blue (H : ±153) and gray (H : X and Saturation : 0).

As such, I've decided to try an extra version with only one hue.

The differences in this verion :
  • All colours changed to Hue : ±153
The extra version can be seen here.

The .svg for this version is here.
Mattaiyah
developer

Post by Mattaiyah » Mon Jan 21, 2013 14:46

I don't have much to say about this update, so let's just get to it.

This version can be seen here.

Changes from 1f to 1g :
  • Faction Logo moved to the right
  • Loyalty requirement symbol changed
  • Reduced saturation of the center (where the text/image goes)
  • Increased the saturation in the title bar
  • Increased the luminosity of the bottom horizontal line
I'm using 1f (which is based off 1d) as the official version.

The .svg file has been updated.
Mattaiyah, when he originally posted this wrote:Note that due to some difficulties, the .svg isn't available right now. I'll fix that as soon as I can.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Tue Jan 22, 2013 22:31

Keep as is for now. We need plenty of new suggestions for logo and loyalty though... :P