General's Dispositions

Erundil
General's Dispositions

Post by Erundil » Fri Jun 14, 2013 17:56

Cost: 4 - 2
Type: Event

You can move creatures between your fronts anytime without marking them.
snowdrop
developer

Re: General's Dispositions

Post by snowdrop » Sun Jun 16, 2013 15:45

Events happen and are then discarded into the discard pile. The card text suggest that this is a permanent instead. If so it it would probably be somewhat out of character for Empire that will have plenty of huge hitters - they shouldn't have such mobility as well. On the contrary.

I see this working as it is as an Event, with the text slightly modified:

Code: Select all

Place any number of your creatures in play in any front.
...that also makes sure that nothind is triggered due to creatures moving and makes all move-rules references not needed with regards to marking.
Erundil

Post by Erundil » Thu Jun 27, 2013 09:24

My idea of Empire was them to rely on number and tacticts, hene free movement and platoons/brigades and other 'numerous' units.
It would make just sense, as much to why Gaians can't have big creatures when they have moving trees and other natural creatures which are not exactly small.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Thu Jun 27, 2013 18:25

Idea of a faction that is "massing" (i.e. zerg in starcraft or red in MtG) is fine and something we have adopted, but it's red banner that will fill that role mostly. Empire will be "slowest" to play from the start and have the heavy hitters around.

Gaians have trees around, but they're not as prominent or in focus in the Wesnoth universe as the elves and merfolk themselves, or say the the Ents in LotR. There is also currently only one single tree unit around - the wose.
Erundil

Post by Erundil » Fri Jun 28, 2013 22:35

Massing, but not so much. I do not see how they can have big hitters, hence the conclusion that they will rely on number (not however overwhelming) and tactics. It would make it an interesting faction.