Does anyone know what happened to snowdrop?

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
xarn
Does anyone know what happened to snowdrop?

Post by xarn » Tue Feb 25, 2014 08:10

...just out of curiosity :roll:
Knitter
developer

Re: Does anyone know what happened to snowdrop?

Post by Knitter » Tue Feb 25, 2014 09:40

Have thought that several times in the past couple of months, haven't seen him in some time, maybe just too much to do? Though it is not him to just "disappear".
Rejoice! For very bad things are about to happen.
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Tue Feb 25, 2014 09:49

Last mail I've got from him was y-day. Worry not, we're working with illustrations like crazy.

If "Why he's not developing the project too much recently" is the question you wanted to ask, or "Why he's so reluctant to communicate" - well, I'd gladly wait for verbose responses myself.
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
Knitter
developer

Post by Knitter » Tue Feb 25, 2014 09:54

I think we've all been away (quiet at least) for some time, even if we're doing our stuff :), I think it is just that snowdrop was never one to be quiet for too long :D
Rejoice! For very bad things are about to happen.
xarn

Post by xarn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 08:24

Ok, thanks for the info. Well, sometimes life can be quite time consuming ...perhaps he'll be back when he has some time to spare again.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Sun Mar 09, 2014 19:00

Howdy all...

I'm all well, alive and flattered.

Reason for why I've been away is simply I have had to take a break due to my private life, mainly due to my workload in my profession. Summed up I am usually tired when I come home from casual work days and only have two days per week, in theory, to dedicate to the rest of my life. Hence I have zero energy / creativity on casual work days and am simply seldom motivated to do anything productive.

I am of course still "sponsoring" this project and have no intentions on ever quitting as I am here to follow it through, despite the surges in tempo and activity.

I have, on several occasions, also pointed out myself as one of the bottlenecks for the projects when I go on my longer disappearences and am not at all against letting someone else that has more time than me to step up as project lead to secure a more coherent pace.

My intentions are to start dedicating some of my time on weekends to the project and to also get a lot done this summer where I in contrast to the previous one count on actually having a real vacation. (Still feel bad for both Shai & Luke that came to Sweden just to see me absent plenty...)
xarn

Post by xarn » Fri Mar 21, 2014 18:36

Nice to see you're still there. ;)
I can clearly relate to you, work and life in general tends to take up so much time and energy by itself that there is not much left at the end of the day.
aspidites

Post by aspidites » Tue Jul 08, 2014 09:44

> go on my longer disappearences and am not at all against letting someone else that has more time than me to step up as project lead to secure a more coherent pace.

Not going to happen. You're the lead for a reason :-)